Tenacious Representation For Civil Rights Matters
After graduating from Yale Law School in 2015, I worked at a civil rights firm in Connecticut. This experience encouraged me to open my own firm, which I founded in 2019. I am Alexander T. Taubes. I have a true passion for helping those facing injustice and want to do everything I can to help.
I Won’t Back Down When Presented With A Challenge
If you are dealing with a difficult legal battle, I will be your fierce advocate. I aim to protect the rights protected by the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and laws like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which covers discrimination in the workplace. I’m well-aware of how emotionally charged these situations can be. I bring a logical viewpoint in order to accomplish my client’s goals. Examples of cases I handled include representing:
- The Estate of a 15-year-old child shot and killed by a Bridgeport police officer in 2017.
- The N.A.A.C.P., community activist Justin Farmer, and others in a challenge to “prison gerrymandering,” which gives disproportionate political power to places where prisons are located at the expense of urban communities;
- A coalition of teachers, school boards, towns and cities, parents, and students challenging Connecticut’s systemic underfunding of disadvantaged schools;
- Victims of police brutality at protests or due to wrongful arrest and prosecution;
- People who have been abused or have had their medical needs neglected while in state or federal custody;
- Candidates for office facing unfair obstacles to ballot access or equal participation in the electoral process
All of these cases are tough and time-consuming, and I cannot take every case. However, when I take on a case, I use my best efforts to do everything necessary. Whether you are dealing with an issue related to freedom of speech, assembly, or right to practice your religion, or the right to vote, the right to be free from unlawful arrest or the right to be free from police or prison brutality, I am here for you to defend your best interests. Together we will fight for justice.
For A Free Consultation, Call Today
Don’t wait any longer to get answers to your legal questions. You do not have to fight this battle alone. Call my office in New Haven at 203-909-6256 to schedule a consultation. You can also fill out my online contact form.