Alexander T. Taubes
Contact Me: 203-909-6256
- Civil Rights
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Commutations and Pardons
- Class Action Litigation
Alexander Taubes, raised in Connecticut and a graduate of Boston University and Yale Law School, is a civil rights lawyer in New Haven. Alex represents individuals and groups struggling for social, economic, environmental, and racial justice.
Attorney Taubes is licensed to practice in the state and federal courts of the State of Connecticut and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He has experience in trials and appeals, arbitrations and mediations. He offers free consultations and takes cases on contingency, fixed fee, or hourly fee arrangements.
Attorney Taubes's practice includes personal injury including motor vehicle and motorcycle crashes, wrongful death cases, products liability, elder abuse and neglect, fraud, civil rights violations, police brutality, criminal defense, post-conviction relief, commutations and pardons, election law, and class action litigation.
Alex represents people and never defends corporate interests or insurance companies. He is involved in the community, the movement for social justice and criminal justice reform, and is active in politics.
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2015
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Connecticut, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- N.A.A.C.P. v. Merrill, 939 F.3d 470 (2d Cir. 2019) (challenge to “prison gerrymandering”)
- Gottlieb v. Lamont, 465 F.Supp.3d 41 (D.Conn.) (ongoing)
- Caitlin Clarkson Pereira v. State Elections Enforcement Commission
- Noble v. Northland, class counsel in $18.75 million settlement for conditions in New Haven apartments
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice